What is an online lesson and how does it work?
What are the benefits of taking online piano lessons.
- Without question, taking lessons online is a huge convenience! You don’t have to worry about traffic jams or bad weather.
- Your lessons will be recorded. Each student gets a login and access to their video files. Can’t remember what I said about a certain piece? Pull up your lesson and refresh your memory.
- A study done by the American Journal of Distance Education discovered that students who took lessons online made better use of their time while they were interacting with their instructor.
- Students were found to have increased concentration, better memory function, a greater amount of motor skill dexterity, and a number of other long-term cognitive benefits.
What are tracks and how do they maximize piano instruction?
There are 4 unique tracks: Classical Piano, Chords, Songwriting, and Advanced Music Theory. For more information on tracks, click here.
How quickly can I get started with lessons?
What do I do when I am unable to make a lesson?
What timezone do you live in?
What happens when a student cannot have their lesson due to a bad internet connection?
In the event that you decide to decline this, we will refund the cost of the lesson for you. However, it is advised that all students take responsibility for the functionality their personal hardware and software.
How much do lessons cost?
Your first lesson is
After you have had your first lesson, you will have a choice to pay for 5, 10, 15, or 20 lessons at a time. If you choose to pay by 10, you will receive a 10% discount. Purchase more than 10 and get a 20% discount.
Piano lessons cost $28 for a 30-minute lesson, $42 for a 45-minute lesson and $50 for a 60-minute lesson.
Where do I go to pay for my lessons?
Where can I find your lesson policies?
What software do you use for your lessons?
How much does Skype cost?
Where do I go to download it?
How do I get Skype set up on my device?
What equipment do I need to have online lessons?
What things can I do to enhance my Skype audio and video?
- Make sure you have the latest version of Skype.
- Close down any other programs running on your computer.
- Wear a pair of headphones.
- Adjust your lighting so that you have light shining on your face. Avoid bright lights behind you.
- Make sure you don’t have anything in motion behind you such as people walking (public space).
- Adjust your webcam video settings.
What is Skype Heartbeat?
You can access this by clicking the Help menu in Skype and selecting Heartbeat (Skype Status). Or, visit the Heartbeat page directly in your browser.
What should I check when Skype will not connect to the internet?
- Start by checking to see if your internet connection is working.The easiest way to do this is to open your browser on the computer you are using for Skype and pull up some popular websites such as Google, Facebook or Fox News. If you can get around on the web, you don’t have an internet problem.
- If you can’t connect to any websites, there are a number of things you can check. Here’s a great article from Livewire to help you.
Why can the person on the other end hear me but not see me?
If you’re using an external camera and you’re having problems with video, try plugging it into a different USB port. If you’re using a USB hub, try plugging it directly into your computer.